Thursday, October 6, 2011

Narrative Essay Sample 3

It was a normal Saturday for me. I had went out the night before so really didn’t feel like getting all dolled up the way I did the night before to go out. Me and the friends going shopping, for the next great outfit no less. Well off to the mall we went. I was dressed not to impress in my cotton gray shorts and LSU t-shirt, no make-up and hair in a messy ponytail. The normal twenty something hang over look.

The day started with all our favorite specialty stores, 579, Wet Seal and Gap. No one took a second look at us. We were just a bunch of girls out shopping for clothes. We shopped till we couldn’t go anymore then stopped to refuel for lunch. While having lunch my mother called and asked me to pick up her dress from Cache’. She had purchased a dress and it had to be altered for her. I told her sure and we kept on our shopping spree. After we had filled our bags and emptied out wallets, we were done. As we walked to the car with our bags I remembered that I forgot to pick up my mothers dress. So the girls took the bags and I told them to just pick me up at the door and I would run back in to get it.

I walked back in the mall and found Cache’, (a very high end ladies store) as I walked in the store the bell went off to alert the store princess that some layman was entering the castle to view the queen’s attire. As I approach the royal check out, I was ever so rudely greeted by the equal in age Princess, dressed in her best attire, with her professial make up job. In her most snooty voice she asked”May I help you?” I said yes I am here to pick up a dress for my mother. She replied with “Are you sure you are in the correct store”. I said yes I know I am in the right store. She then proceeds to ask me what my mother’s name was. I told her and she turned and walked to the back of the store. I was standing there think what was this girl’s problem. Was I in the right store? Just want in the hell kind of store did she think this was. I was getting even more up set as she stood in the back speaking with one of the other princess, as they both eyeballed me up and down. As if I had no business being there.

Finally after what felt like forever she returns to the check with a dress. I grabbed the dress and she said wait we must see ID for you to pick up the merchandise. I hung the dress back on the hanging rack and asked the girl what her problem was. She said “you don’t look like someone that shops here”. I replied to here that I don’t shop here my mother does. I gave her the ID and she finally released the dress to me. I turned to walk out of the store, but not before telling her that she could kiss my lower class ass.

I remember feeling like a third class citizen. I had nice things and a little money, but because I did not look a certain way the people in that store thought that I was poor and had no business being in there. I felt that had I been all dolled up, that I would have been treated with respect and entitlement to be in the store. To this day I can still remember the feelings that I felt that day and I have tried my hardest to make sure that I never make anybody feel that way. I feel that this experience has made me have a negative attitude towards higher end clothes stores. I still shop at several of them, but to this day I never walked in a Cache’ and never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment